Cargo Transportation Insurance
PROTECTION FOR YOUR HERITAGE
Carrying out cargo transport is always prone to risks such as disappearance or loss due to theft, fire, damage or deterioration due to bad cargo or stowage, traffic mishaps, damage caused by delayed delivery to the recipient and a long List of possible situations that always present an injury to the estate.
We can prevent certain risks or minimize their consequences but we will always be exposed to suffer some loss, this is where transport insurance intervenes.
What is a transport insurance?
The transport insurance is a contract with an insurance company in which it assumes the risks (damages or unexpected losses to the objects transported under the terms of the policy) throughout its journey.
The purpose of transport insurance is to cover the goods against the various risks that may affect them during their transfer from one place to another and also, during certain periods (stays) or situations (loading and unloading maneuvers), related to transport.
How to estimate the insurable value?
This is calculated considering the value that the goods will have when arriving at their destination taking into account the following:
- Value of the goods.
- Import tax.
- Customs expenses.
- Packaging or packing.
- Other expenses related to transportation.
How is the cost of the premium determined?
- Type and size of goods to be transported.
- Route or path.
- Transshipment, stays and storage.
- Date and duration of the journey.
- Claims of the insured.
- Perishable items
- Aircraft or any motor vehicle
- Towed goods of any kind
- Checks pagares
- Bank documents
- Cash and securities
- Fish flour
- Return or rejection merchandise
- Metals or precious stones
- Works of art and antiques
- Bank and telephone cards of any kind
- Credit cards
- Transport of boats
- Vouchers and / or any bank document
- Wines and liquors
- Jute and copra
- Among others.
REQUIREMENTS TO HIRE INSURANCE
Datos de los objetos a transportar
- Value of all contents.
- Description of the contents.
- Place of origin.
- Destination place.
Datos del Contratante(Persona Física)
- Full name..
- Official identification.
- Proof of address.
Datos del Contratante(Persona moral)
- Business name.
- Activity or social objective.
- Line of business.
- Official identification, contact information and proof of domicile of the legal representative.